Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pride and Prejudice (Appreciation Post)

Well I was looking back at Pride and Prejudice and I was thinking what an amazing book it truly is so I thought I would give it an appreciation post...  Enjoy some great quotes from this book :)


“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.” 

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 
“There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.” 

“Angry people are not always wise.” 

“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.”


“Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.” 

“He is a gentleman, and I am a gentleman's daughter. So far we are equal.” 

“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”

“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment