Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CANTERBURY TALES I

The Squire's story is the one that I'm most interested to read because he is this young lady's man who has to live up to his father, the Knight... So i would assume his story would be a bit more romantic but I have been wrong in my assumptions before so we will see.
Considering Chaucer's background, the story shows all the different walks of life he had encountered in his travels and in the royal court.  It is nice that instead of depicting just what he saw, its nice that he is making his work satirical.  It is also nice that he is focusing on character development, too.
I predict that each of the characters first impressions symbolize what their stories will be like and that some of the characters will symbolize different types of literature.
A question I have is, what will the middle class workers stories be about?  How will Chaucer make it interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment