Monday, September 16, 2013

DECLARATION OF LEARNING INDEPENDENCE

Trying to answer all of my big questions would be completely unreasonable and unattainable.  Even focusing on one of my big question would be nearly impossible!  So instead of doing that, I will look at different morals we have in our society and why we have them.

"In advertisements, most commercials or ads feature young, skinny beautiful people when the average American isn't a model... Why do advertisements create this false sense of reality and do they see how it damages our youth's self-esteem and self-worth?"

If I were to focus on a specific aspect of one of my big questions, I would probably focus on society's body image and our own view of what "beauty" is.  This is something that has always really struck a cord with me so trying to answer this for my "senior project" would probably be the most meaningful.

As for my SMART goals, I feel like they tend to be the same every year and to be very broad because I am not quite sure what I plan on doing "when I grow up" and even if I was certain, I would have to start with something so broad as getting good grades... which isn't really a goal anymore but rather an expectation...  So I will really have to work to come up with a SMART goal....

Collaborative working groups seem like a great idea!  I would really like to work on something that will benefit a different charity every month or to focus on a charity benefiting Parkinson's disease.  A website like Sevenly, except I would rather sell art prints or a variety of different designs or even ones that would support our school.




No comments:

Post a Comment