Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CHARACTER STUDY (I)

Facing many different possible journeys, Rachel had to make a decision.  Pack lightly or be prepared for every possible scenario?  She decided upon covering her basic necessities.  A water filter to stay hydrated and some fruit and granola bars to not go hungry.
She looked at her clothes and then at her fair skin.  Not feeling a sunburn on this trip. She tossed to sunscreen into her bag.  Looking into her closet, Rachel grabbed a light and loose, long-sleeve, cotton shirt, her friends called her artsy shirt, and her sturdiest jeans to put on.  Over that she put on her olive military-ish jacket and a plain scarf.  Now for shoes...  I might as well just wear my vans so at least I can be comfy, she thought to herself.
Although Rachel had a positive outlook on her trip, she came to realize that she better be prepared for the worst.  She packed a swiss army knife but thought, I'm not going to be able to defend myself with this. Lets get real, I am a short little white girl, I need more protection than this.... Rachel proceeded to put a sharper and bigger knife into her bag.
With her bases covered, she looked to things that would give her some kind of mental or emotional support.  A journal with some family photos would suffice for her.  If only she could bring her art supplies...  She puts on some meaningful bracelets and a necklace too since they don't take up any space in her bag.
What am I getting myself into?  she thought as she pondered her future adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment