Sunday, November 24, 2013

Quote of the Day

Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.  ~Richard Carlson

"A mental disorder or psychiatric disorder is a mental or behavioral pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability, and which is notdevelopmentally or socially normative. Mental disorders are generally defined by a combination of how a person feelsactsthinks or perceives. "


And when we think about it..... With finals coming up and more projects due at the same time frame, we become more and more stressed.  I personally become a more irritable person when I am stressed.  I'm constantly angry.  I lose all the patience I have.  I think that everyone is out to get me and I can't help it.  Maybe Richard Carlson is right.

In any case, stress isn't going to be leaving anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. I really like and agree with this quote. I like how you post more than just english related things on your blog, it makes your blog interesting and eyecatching! Good job! I was wondering what book you are reading for literary circles? Also here is the link to my blog tduguranrhsenglitcomp13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to spice it up! I am reading Great Expectations by Dickens for my lit circle.

      Delete