Thursday, February 13, 2014

WELCOME TO THE INTERDISCIPLINARITY

For my project on positive outlooks on body image and life, I have to look into a wide variety of subjects.  I will see psychological studies on how people perceive advertisements in the media as well as disorders that can come along with that.  I also will have to look back through history to see how our ads have changed or how they have stayed the same in order to become more effective.  History will also give me a look at how society has changed in response to advertisements.  Geographic location also plays a role in what "beauty is."  An American's view of beauty is most likely different from someone in China or Africa.  In order to see the changes, I will have to also understand digital media and 3D design in order to see what makes a specific body or ad more appealing.  Photoshop plays a major role in our society now so I will also look at that to see how we have a false pretense of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment